- An IC customer issues an invoice for which a Payment Request is generated
- The customer then sends a check for which a Payment Confirmation is generated
- The customer voids the check for whatever reason
- The customer has to re-issue a separate check for that payment
- The second check does not come through on the Payment Confirmation batches that are run subsequent to the second check being issued
The second (re-issued) check will not come through on any Payment Confirmation batches that are run because IC cannot match the re-issued check to the original Payment Request due to the fact that it had already had a matching Payment Confirmation run when the first check went through. In order to fix this the customer can do one of two things:
- The customer can manually pay out the original Payment Request and then skip the Payment Confirmation altogether (easiest and quickest option most of the time)
- The customer can reverse the original invoice, create a new invoice for the same payment, thereby generating a new Payment Request so that the new check will have a Request to match up to.